Vechi 18.04.2015, 11:26:51
Banned

Data înregistrării: 15.04.2015
Locație: Bucuresti
Religia: Ortodox
Implicit Buddha vs Jesus Christ chart

Buddha | Jesus
Buddha is dead.
In many ways the Buddha is a mystery (no contemporary biographies exist) "apart from the legends we know very little about the circumstances of his life."[1] | Jesus was a historic person of whom four reliable, early biographies were penned. "It is a historic fact that Jesus Christ lived and taught what the New Testament says He taught."[2]
Teachings uncertain | Teachings certain
Buddha was only a man: "Notwithstanding his own objectivity toward himself, there was constant pressure during his lifetime to turn him into a god. He rebuffed all these categorically, insisting that he was human in every respect. He made no attempt to conceal his temptations and weaknesses, how difficult it had been to attain enlightenment, how narrow the margin by which he had won through, how fallible he still remained."[3] | Jesus is incarnate God: "I am the light of the world"; "I am the way, the truth and the Life"; "He who believes in Me will never die"; "He who has seen Me has seen the Father." "I and the Father are One." "You believe in God, Believe also in Me." "All that the Father has is Mine." "All power and authority in heaven and earth have been given to Me." -- Jesus
Non-theistic worldview | Theistic worldview
A way-shower; Buddha as a person is unnecessary for achieving enlightenment. | The Savior; salvation is impossible apart from the Person of Jesus.
Encouraged men to follow a philosophy | Encouraged men to follow Him
Never appealed to faith | Stressed the importance of faith in God and Himself (Jn. 17:3)
Rejected God | Called God His own Father
Undogmatic | Dogmatic
Offered a way | Taught He was the only way between the temporal and the eternal
Notes
 David-Neel, p. 15.