Subiect: English Corner
View Single Post
Vechi 25.05.2014, 22:07:00

Data înregistrării: 06.04.2011
Locație: usa
Religia: Ortodox
Implicit Other prayers of thanksgiving after Holy Communion

Lord Jesus Christ our God; let Your holy Body be my eternal life; Your precious Blood, my remission of sins. Let this eucharist be my joy, health and gladness. Make me, a sinner, worthy to stand at the right hand of Your glory at Your awesome Second Coming, through the prayers of Your most pure Mother and of all the saints.

A Prayer by St. Simeon Metaphrastes

Freely You have given me Your Body for my food. You are a fire consuming the unworthy; do not consume me, my Creator, but instead enter into my members, my veins, my heart. Consume the thorns of my transgressions. Cleanse my soul and sanctify my reasonings. Make firm my knees and body. Illumine my five senses. Nail me to the fear of You. Always protect, guard and keep me from soul-destroying words and deeds. Cleanse me, purify me and adorn me. Give me understanding and illumination. Show me to be a temple of Your One Spirit and not the home of many sins. May every evil thing, every carnal passion, flee from me as from a fire as I become Your tabernacle through communion.
I offer You as intercessors all the saints: the leaders of the bodiless hosts, Your Forerunner, the wise apostles and Your pure and blameless Mother. Accept their prayers in Your love, my Christ, and make me, Your servant, a child of light. For You are the only Sanctification and Light of our souls, Good One, and to You, our Master and God, we ascribe glory day by day.