View Single Post
Vechi 25.07.2013, 01:08:01

Data înregistrării: 17.07.2008
Locație: Timișoara
Religia: Ortodox
Implicit

Citat:
În prealabil postat de mirela.t Vezi mesajul
Yes, merriam Webster is a very good dictionary. You can also hear the word, beside spelling.

On the other hand, are you sure ignorance is a big sin? There are so many simple saints! Are we going to be judged for lacking theological knowledge?
Mirela,

I found this assertion is Philokalia and it is not doubtful. I don't have time now to search for quote.

The Fathers cannot be accused of ignorance. I remember a story about two theologists going to put some difficult questions to an old monk and he could not respond to any of them. They retried and retried with other queries and still, no success. Then one of them asked him how it's possible to be so advanced if you don't have scriptural knowledge and so on. Then the Elder told them: ask me about how to fight against the sins and I will teach you.

EDIT: And, by the way, it depends if we have or not access to the books, if we have time to read, if we have the capacity to compile the information, to memorize and so on. Only God knows exactly what He is expecting from us to do.

Ascultați Noul Testament ortodox online.

Last edited by Florin-Ionut; 25.07.2013 at 01:17:18.