Subiect: English Corner
View Single Post
Vechi 25.05.2014, 21:45:16

Data înregistrării: 06.04.2011
Locație: usa
Religia: Ortodox
Implicit Prayers of thanksgiving after Holy Communion

I thank you, Lord my God, for you have not rejected me, a sinner, but have made me worthy to be a partaker of Your holy things. I thank you, for You have permitted me, the unworthy, to commune with Your most pure and heavenly Gifts. But, Master and Lover of mankind, who for our sakes died and rose again, and gave us these awesome and life-creating Mysteries for the good and sanctification of our souls and bodies; let them be for the healing of soul and body, the repelling of every adversary, the illumining of the eyes of my heart, the peace of my spiritual powers, a faith unashamed, a love unfeigned, the fulfilling of wisdom, the observing of Your commandments, the receiving of Your divine grace and the attaining of Your Kingdom. Preserved by them in Your holiness, may I always remember Your grace and live not for myself alone, but for You, our Master and Benefactor. May I pass from this life in the hope of eternal life and so attain to the everlasting rest, where the voice of those who feast is unceasing and the gladness of those who behold the goodness of Your countenance is unending. For You are the true desire and the ineffable joy of those who love You, Christ our God, and all creation sings Your praise forever. Amen.

The Song of Simeon the Godbearer

Lord, now let Your servant depart in peace, according to Your word;
for my eyes have seen Your salvation, which You have prepared before the face of all people,
A light to enlighten the Gentiles and to be the glory of Your people Israel.