Forum Crestin Ortodox Crestin Ortodox

Du-te înapoi   Forum Crestin Ortodox > Biserica ortodoxa > Despre Biserica Ortodoxa in general
Răspunde

Vechi 12.09.2015, 18:52:51

Data înregistrării: 06.04.2011
Locație: usa
Religia: Ortodox
Implicit Exploring the Many Facets of Orthodox Liturgical Singing

Host Vladimir Morosan answers some very basic, fundamental questions regarding Orthodox music: Why do we sing in orthodox worship? What is the essence of that singing? And how does singing relate to our very core as human beings?

http://www.ancientfaith.com/podcasts...othelord-intro
Vechi 13.09.2015, 06:01:33

Lightbulb Prayer for Intercession Against One’s Inner Darkness

My most holy Lady Theotokos, by thy holy and all-effective prayers drive from me thine unworthy servant all despondency, indecision, folly, carelessness, and all impure, evil and blasphemous thoughts, from my wretched heart and my darkened mind. And quench the flame of my passions, for I am poor and wretched, and deliver me from many cruel memories and deeds, and free me from all their bad effects; for blessed art thou by all generations, and glorified is thy most honorable name unto the ages. Amen.
Vechi 13.09.2015, 06:13:56

Arrow Everything towards God

Knowledge, sensation, understanding, contemplation, insight and every movement of the intellect, everything in all things, should be directed towards God.

- Elder Joseph the Hesychast

Vechi 14.09.2015, 20:11:04

Lightbulb Today's Scripture readings - September 14

Universal Exaltation of the Precious and Life-Giving Cross

John 19.6-20, 25-28, 30-35

When the chief priests and the officers saw him, they cried out, “Crucify him, crucify him!” Pilate said to them, “Take him yourselves and crucify him, for I find no crime in him.” The Jews answered him, “We have a law, and by that law he ought to die, because he has made himself the Son of God.” When Pilate heard these words, he was the more afraid; he entered the praetorium again and said to Jesus, “Where are you from?” But Jesus gave no answer. Pilate therefore said to him, “You will not speak to me? Do you not know that I have power to release you, and power to crucify you?” Jesus answered him, “You would have no power over me unless it had been given you from above; therefore he who delivered me to you has the greater sin.” Upon this Pilate sought to release him, but the Jews cried out, “If you release this man, you are not Caesar’s friend; every one who makes himself a king sets himself against Caesar.” When Pilate heard these words, he brought Jesus out and sat down on the judgment seat at a place called The Pavement, and in Hebrew, Gabbatha. Now it was the day of Preparation of the Passover; it was about the sixth hour. He said to the Jews, “Behold your King!” They cried out, “Away with him, away with him, crucify him!” Pilate said to them, “Shall I crucify your King?” The chief priests answered, “We have no king but Caesar.” Then he handed him over to them to be crucified. So they took Jesus, and he went out, bearing his own cross, to the place called the place of a skull, which is called in Hebrew Golgotha. There they crucified him, and with him two others, one on either side, and Jesus between them. Pilate also wrote a title and put it on the cross; it read, “Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews.” Many of the Jews read this title, for the place where Jesus was crucified was near the city; and it was written in Hebrew, in Latin, and in Greek.

So the soldiers did this. But standing by the cross of Jesus were his mother, and his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Cleopas, and Mary Magdalene. When Jesus saw his mother, and the disciple whom he loved standing near, he said to his mother, “Woman, behold, your son!” Then he said to the disciple, “Behold, your mother!” And from that hour the disciple took her to his own home. After this Jesus, knowing that all was now finished, said (to fulfil the scripture), “I thirst.”

When Jesus had received the vinegar, he said, “It is finished”; and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit. Since it was the day of Preparation, in order to prevent the bodies from remaining on the cross on the sabbath (for that sabbath was a high day), the Jews asked Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away. So the soldiers came and broke the legs of the first, and of the other who had been crucified with him; but when they came to Jesus and saw that he was already dead, they did not break his legs. But one of the soldiers pierced his side with a spear, and at once there came out blood and water. He who saw it has borne witness – his testimony is true, and he knows that he tells the truth – that you also may believe.

1 Cor 1.18-24

For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written, “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and the cleverness of the clever I will thwart.” Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom, it pleased God through the folly of what we preach to save those who believe. For Jews demand signs and Greeks seek wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.
Vechi 16.09.2015, 03:37:45

Implicit

While being virtuous is hard, and more challenging on one's own, it is particularly so when the one practicing it experiences a dearth of good men. I mean, just as travel involves hardship, and much more so when the traveler is alone and has no one with whom to share the journey, so too in this case. In other words, fellowship and fraternal encouragement are no small thing.

- St John Chrysostom
Vechi 20.09.2015, 07:28:23

Implicit

Observe yourself meticulously, so that if someone distresses you over something, you remain silent.
Keep your mouth shut, pray continually until you calm down, and then help the brother who grieves you.

- Abba Ammonas

Vechi 20.09.2015, 21:30:11

Data înregistrării: 05.08.2010
Locație: Gratia, Teleorman
Implicit

«Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.»

(Jesus Christ - «Matthew 11:28», KJV)

«Veniți la Mine toți cei osteniți și împovărați și Eu vă voi odihni pe voi.»

« Slavă lui Dumnezeu ! »

« Doamne Iisuse Hristoase, Fiul lui Dumnezeu, miluiește-mă pe mine păcătosul »
Vechi 20.09.2015, 22:58:11
Pelerin spre Rasarit

Arrow Traduceri in engleza pentru Matei 18:3

King James Version: ,,Verily I say unto you, except ye be converted and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven"

New King James Version: ,,Assuredly I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will be no means enter the kingdom of heaven"

English Standard Version: ,,Truly I say to you unless you turn and become like children you will never enter the kingdom of heaven"
Vechi 21.09.2015, 01:08:40

Lightbulb and the Orthodox translation from the original Greek- Matthew 18:3

Citat:
În prealabil postat de Pelerin spre Rasarit Vezi mesajul
King James Version: ,,Verily I say unto you, except ye be converted and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven"

New King James Version: ,,Assuredly I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven"

English Standard Version: ,,Truly I say to you unless you turn and become like children you will never enter the kingdom of heaven"
Orthodox NT: "Verily I say to you, unless ye be turned about and become as the little children, in no wise shall ye enter into the kingdom of the heavens"
Vechi 21.09.2015, 01:21:23
Pelerin spre Rasarit

Implicit

,,in no wise" ? Interesant, forma arhaica, foarte rar folosita.
Răspunde

Tags
engleză, english, orthodox, orthodoxy